Minimum Age: 18 years & aboveContact us
The PADI Tec 50 is the final part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course and opens the door to deeper diving expeditions. The student diver learns risk management and safety techniques to make accelerated dives up to 50m/ 165ft using up to two gases.
Conducted over a period of three days, the Tec 50 course includes two knowledge development sections, three classroom sessions, and four open water dives. The course primarily focuses on mission planning and team diving considerations. The student also learns more about handling emergencies and how to think like a Technical Diver.
Upon certification, PADI Tec 50 divers are qualified to make unlimited accelerated decompression dives using standardized Technical Diving equipment. The diver learns the cognitive and motor skills necessary to be a safe technical diver.
To enroll in the Tec 50 course you must be:-
- PADI Rescue and Tec 45 diver or equivalent
- At least 15 years old and have a minimum of 100 logged dives
- Have at least 20 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18m/ 60ft and 15 dives deeper than 30m/ 100ft
- You also need a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
• Classroom Presentation Deco Theory Discussion
• Knowledge Reviews
• Poolside training
• Equipment and gas considerations
• Risk management
• Tec 45 Dive 1(Conﬁned Water) & Debrief
• Boat Diving
• Equipment conﬁguration
• Dive considerations
• Dive 2(12-24m) & Debrief
• Dive 3(30-50m) & Debrief
• Boat Diving
• Dive considerations and discussions
• Tec 50 Qualifying Dive
• Certiﬁcation / Remedy
- The course can be conducted in Standard Backmount rig or Sidemount
- The student should be a certified Sidemount diver with at least 10 Sidemount dives/ have completed the Tec 40 and 45 in Sidemount
- The course can be combined with PADI Tec 40 and 45 courses
- Additional Tec Dives for experience can be conducted after certification. Cost depends on the depth, no of divers and gases used.
- The PADI Tec Rec Deep Diver manual, PADI videos, and study material are integral to the course; it is recommended that the participant undertake self-study before the course. Student’s understanding of decompression theory and diving safety is paramount.Contact us