Minimum Age: 18 years & aboveContact us
The PADI Tec 45 is a sub-course of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course and is the next-level Technical Diving course that introduces the student diver to accelerated decompression diving up to 45m/ 145ft using 100% oxygen.
Conducted over a period of three days, PADI Tec 45 is a course where you’ll learn to rise to the challenge and make the commitment to become a Technical Diver.
It consists of three knowledge development sections, classroom sessions, and a minimum of four training dives. Building on what you learned in the Tec 40 course, you focus on risk management and learn to think like a Technical Diver.
Upon certification, PADI Tec 45 divers are qualified to make limited accelerated decompression dives using EANx or pure oxygen. The diver learns the cognitive and motor skills necessary to be a safe technical diver.
To enroll in the Tec 45 course you must be:-
- A PADI Tec 40 Diver or equivalent
- A PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives
- Have at least 12 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18m/ 60ft and 6 dives deeper than 30m/ 100ft
- At least 15 years old
- You also need a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
• Classroom Presentation Deco Theory Discussion
• Knowledge Reviews
• Poolside training
• Equipment and gas considerations
• Risk management
• Tec 45 Dive 1(Conﬁned Water) & Debrief
• Boat Diving
• Equipment conﬁguration
• Dive considerations
• Dive 2(12-18m) & Debrief
• Dive 3(18-30m) & Debrief
• Boat Diving
• Dive considerations and discussions
• Tec 45 Qualifying Dive
• Certiﬁcation / Remedy
- The course can be conducted in Standard Backmount rig or Sidemount
- The student should be a certified Sidemount diver with at least 10 Sidemount dives/ have completed the Tec 40 course in Sidemount
- The course can be combined with PADI Tec 40
- Additional Tec Dives for experience can be conducted after certification. Cost depends on the depth, no of divers and gases used.
- The PADI Tec Rec Deep Diver manual, PADI videos, and study material are integral to the course; it is recommended that the student undertakes self-study before the course.Contact us