Minimum Age: 15 years & aboveContact us
The PADI Tec 40 is a sub-course of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course. Ideal for someone getting into technical diving, PADI Tec 40 bridges the gap between recreational diving and full technical decompression diving.
Conducted over a period of three-five days, the course helps students gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills to continue their Tec diving training. It consists of three knowledge development sections, classroom sessions, and a minimum of four training dives.
The participants learn about:
-Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities
-Technical diving equipment configuration
-Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning
-Team diving techniques
- Emergency procedures such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks, and out of gas situations.
Upon certification, PADI Tec 40 divers are qualified to make limited decompression dives to 40m/ 130ft using equipment that is similar to the one used in mainstream recreational diving.
To enroll in the PADI Tec 40 course you must be:
-A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
-A PADI Nitrox Diver or equivalent with at least 10 dives using enriched air deeper than 18m/ 60ft
-A PADI Deep Diver or equivalent with at least 10 dives to 30m/ 100ft
-At least 15 years old and have a minimum of 30 logged dives
-You also need a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
• Classroom Presentation Deco Theory Discussion
• Knowledge Reviews
• Poolside training
• Equipment considerations
• Finning Workshop
• Tec 40 Dive 1(Conﬁned Water) & Debrief
• Boat Diving
• Equipment conﬁguration
• Dive considerations
• Dive 2(10-18m) & Debrief
• Dive 3(15-27m) & Debrief
• Skill remedy if required in the pool
• Boat Diving
• Dive considerations and discussions
• Tec 40 Qualifying Dive
• Certiﬁcation / Remedy
- The course can be conducted in Standard Recreational rig or Sidemount.
- The participant should be a certified Sidemount diver with at least 10 Sidemount dives or taking the course incorporating Sidemount diver in the course. This increases the duration to five days.
- Nitrox and Deep Diver courses can also be conducted concurrently before the Tec 40 course. This takes two additional days.
- Additional Tec Dives for experience can be conducted after certification. Cost depends on the depth, no of divers and gases used.
- The PADI Tec Rec Deep Diver manual, PADI videos, and study material are integral to the course; it is recommended that the student undertakes self-study before the course.Contact us